What Insurance Carriers Must Do
After faithfully paying your premiums, you have every right to expect that your insurer will treat you fairly when the time comes for you to file a claim. However, while you may feel inclined to trust that your insurer will do the right thing, the reality is that they will do whatever is in their best interest as a business. Keeping that in mind, you should be aware of the fact that your insurer is bound by law to treat policyholders in “good faith,” which is a legal term that defines exactly how you may or may not be treated. Essentially, insurers must fulfill the following obligations when handling a property claim:
- Insurers must adequately and promptly investigate your claim
- Insurers must employ insurance adjusters and staff whom can competently assist with your claim
- Adjusters must assess all damages that are covered under your policy
- Insurers may neither misrepresent your policy nor your coverage under that policy
- Insurers must formally acknowledge that you have filed a property claim in writing
- Insurers must meet all timelines set by state insurance codes, including while processing your settlement
- Insurers may never deny a claim without formally declaring their case, with reasons, in writing
If your insurance carrier has not honored their responsibility to treat you and your claim fairly, it may be necessary to take matters into your own hands by contacting a licensed public insurance claims adjuster. At K2 Consulting & Services, LLC, our insurance claims adjusters can help you understand each of your rights as a policyholder and then help you determine exactly what should be covered under the specific terms of your policy.
Protect Your Rights and Pursue Fair Compensation
As overwhelming as the prospect of challenging your insurance company may seem, this may be your only opportunity to access the kind of compensation you deserve. When you partner with a licensed public insurance claims adjuster, you will have a professional at your side whom will be there to advocate on your behalf throughout the entire claims process. Keeping that in mind, our team can help you ensure your insurer does everything they are required to do under the terms of your policy. In particular, any of our public claims adjusters can help with the following:
- Investigating your claim with experienced inspectors who utilize state-of-the-art technology
- Cataloguing the full extent of damage to your property and presenting it in writing
- Creating a detailed inventory the property you lost
- Ensuring your claim is promptly filed
When it comes down to it, K2 Consulting & Services, LLC is here to help you ensure that you are treated fairly and that your settlement is promptly processed so that you can focus on the more pressing task of rebuilding.
Speak with a Public Insurance Claims Adjuster in Texas
If you believe your insurer has not properly investigated or has otherwise undervalued your claim, it may be in your best interest to reach out to one of our licensed public insurance claims adjusters to discuss the particulars of your policy and claim. To speak with a member of our team about your claim, please call our offices at (832) 491-1217 today.